The Kenya House of Prayer (KHP) is a Christian organization duly registered in Kenya as an Inter-denominational, non-denominational prayer movement. The term “House of Prayer” is derived from the Bible, that “God’s house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations” – Isaiah 56:7.
ABOUT KENYA HOUSE OF PRAYER
KHP was established in 1995 by brethren who had a burden to pray for the nation. This was in response to God’s clarion call over Africa when He said earlier in 1983 that “Though you have been called dark up until now, you shall be called dark no longer. For out of you shall come out great light that shall shine to the uttermost parts of the earth”
KHP is affiliated to Intercessors for Africa (IFA) which has its head office in Kenya. Intercessors for Africa was founded in 1985 as a network of participating national prayer and intercessory networks of countries primarily within the African continent, as well as Africans in the Diaspora.
The Kenya House of Prayer primarily seeks to transform Kenya, including its land and people, to fulfill its prophetic destiny and purpose. This mandate is territorial and involves the body of Christ in the nation.
A transformed Kenya fulfilling her prophetic destiny
Standing in the gap on behalf of the land, through discipleship and strategic prayer
- Godly family
- Integrity and servant-hood
To mobilize, raise and equip a prophetic praying army with a territorial mandate. Influence leaders to apply biblical principles and reach out to the community with the gospel of the kingdom.
- Raise a prayer army in Kenya and provide a platform for effective intercessory networks across the land.
- Raise spiritually mature and skilled resource stewards and servant leaders at all levels of public life.
- Disciple the children and youth to take responsibility for Kenya’s destiny.
- Reach to the needy through prayer and material support.
- Pray for and support the Nation of Israel.
- Network with praying believers to disciple the nations (mainly African nations) in order to fulfill their God-given mandate.
- Provide facilities to promote prayers in the nation(s).
- Leadership Training Programme (LTP) – training in Intercession and spiritual warfare
- The Africa Kingdom Business Forum (AKBF) – Raise true representatives of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ in the marketplace. Sunduolous African Leaders Training (SALT) Institute – Raise servant leaders across the nation.
- Children Prayer Network, Prayer Ministry to Schools and Youth Ministry to Inculcate Biblical value systems in the lives of the young generation to enable them to take their place in God’s family and be part of the army which God is raising for generational assignments.
- Jehovah Jireh – Prayer and support missions to the needy/marginalized.
- Ministry to Israel (Israel Altar) – Prayer and support for the nation of Israel
- Work with IFA and National Prayer Movements in seeking the will of God to be done in Africa.
- Operation Solomon Project – to raise adequate resources for establishment of Prayer Retreat Centre in Kenya.