This comprised of a year-long prayer project that involved mobilizing the community in prayer. The project touched at first level up to districts level with an aim to bring healing and reconciliation through the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The project culminates in a one-day prayer event bringing together the whole province supported by representatives from across the Nation.
The project leaders had to confront deep divisions and bring divergent views together for the process of community healing to start. The main community agent of this project is the Christian church and the government leaders.
Healing The Land Prayer Project-Schedule of Prayer:
- Nyanza region prayer day
- Western region prayer day
- Eastern region prayer day -13th December 2008
- Peace valley region – Eldoret, 31st January 2009
- Central region Prayer day – 14th February 2009, YMCA Nyeri
- Coast Prayer day -25th April 2009
- Blessing Nairobi – Nairobi 21st June 2009 – End of the First phase